With its 12-foot open bow layout, the Chinook 120 is ideal for tandem paddling with the capacity to carry a child, pet, or extra gear. A broad, stable shape of the Chinook results in a versatile, lightweight kayak that enables easy transitions in and out of the boat (and water) and balanced tracking and maneuverability. The Chinook 120 is perfect for one to two people plus a child or a pet on short trips, exploring lakes and gentle rivers, and other recreational flat-water paddling.
-Best For: recreational tandem flat-water paddling with room for a child or pet.
-Capacity: 1 or 2-person | 550 lb. (250 kg) max weight.
-Warranty: 1-year limited against any manufacturing defects.
-Dimensions: 12’ (370 cm) L x 37” (93 cm) W x 12.5” (32 cm) H.
-Weight: 28 lb. (12.6 kg).
-Includes: kayak, seats (2), footrests (2), removable child seat (1), quick-release fin, PVC rod holder sleeves (4), storage bag, and repair kit.
-Not Included: pump, paddle(s), and PFD(s) (Personal Flotation Device).
Requires Boston and Small Boston (Stem) Valve adaptors to inflate properly.
Key Technical Features
- HexShell Deck Cover – made of 600 denier hex ripstop polyester for durability, puncture-resistance, and protection from the elements
- EvoBeam Technology Floor – is engineered for maximum strength and performance and creates a v-hull shape for added tracking
- Lightweight Packable Design – weighs only 28-pounds and includes a duffle-style storage bag for effortless transportation and storage
Key User Features
- Core 2.0 Quick Release Seats – offer a thick padded seat cushion and breathable high backrest
- Face Time Seating Option – allows bow seat to be installed to face stern paddler
- Adjustable Foot Rests – for comfort and paddling efficiency
- Quick Release Weedless Fin – for increased tracking
- Paddle Keepers – located on both sides offer hands-free access when not paddling
- Rod Holders – located on the back of the seat keep fishing rods securely in place
- Velcro Adjustment Strips – allow for personalized custom seat and footrest positions
- Molded Plastic Carry Handles – on bow and stern for comfortable carrying or lifting
- Deck Cargo Bungees – on bow and stern offer secure storage of extra gear
- Cockpit Drain – opens easily to drain any water from the boat
- Boston Valves – provide quick inflation and deflation
- PA (Polyamide) Nylon D-rings – provide secure attachment for seat and extra gear