The Deschutes 145 is a roomy, open deck 2-person tandem touring kayak that’s ideal for multi-day expeditions with plenty of room for extra gear. At just over 14-feet long and with a total weight of 25-pounds, the Deschutes 145 inspires confidence with its lightweight, rigid design built to perform and provide effortless paddling for two people on lakes, rivers, and other waterways.
-Best For: tandem 2-person touring and expeditions.
-Capacity: 2-person | 600 lb. (272 kg) max weight.
-Warranty: 2-year limited against any manufacturing defects.
-Dimensions: 14’-7” (446 cm) L x 38” (96.5 cm) W x 10.5” (26.7 cm) H.
-Weight: 25 lb. (11.5 kg).
-Includes: kayak, seats (2), footrests (2), quick-release fin, storage bag, Halkey-Roberts Valve adaptor, and repair kit.
-Not Included: pump, paddle(s), and PFD(s) (Personal Flotation Device).
Key Technical Features
- Duratex™ – reinforced PVC is lightweight, stiff, and extremely durable
- Feather Frame Inflatable Crossbeam – uses air pressure to add and maintain structural rigidity
- Cockpit Splashguard – keeps water out and paddler dry
- Lightweight Packable Design – weighs only 22-pounds and includes a backpack-style storage bag for effortless transportation and storage
Key User Features
- Core 2.0 Quick Release Seat – offer a thick padded seat cushion and breathable high backrest
- Solid EVA Floor – is rigid, requires no inflation, and has a lower center of gravity for added stability
- Integrated EVA Foot Rest/Thwart – for comfort and paddling efficiency
- Quick Release Weedless Fin – for increased tracking
- Velcro Adjustment Strips – allow for personalized custom seat positions
- Molded Plastic Carry Handles – on bow and stern for comfortable carrying or lifting
- Deck Cargo Bungees – on bow and stern offer secure storage of extra gear
- Cockpit Drain – opens easily to drain any water from the boat
- PA (Polyamide) Nylon D-rings – provide secure attachment for seats